Assessing Learning Conference
Cost: $300 (incl. GST)
This conference is a chance for participants to engage with the latest in assessment thinking and practices as well as being reminded of long standing challenges concerning assessment validity and integrity. Also, rapid changes in technology are offering new opportunities as well as further challenges as is the trend towards more learning taking place outside of classrooms.
There is a strong focus on sharing practice in order to improve practice and to that end the conference is structured around interactive workshop sessions and practice presentations will be catered for.
Keynote speakers include:
- David Boud - Professor and Foundation Director of the Centre for Research in Assessment and Digital Learning, Deakin University, Research Professor in the Institute for Work-Based Learning at Middlesex University and Emeritus Professor at the University of Technology Sydney.
- Peter Mellow - Learning Design Coordinator for Learning Environments at the University of Melbourne.
- Eleanor Hawe - Recipient of a Sustained Excellence in Teaching award at the 2015 Tertiary Teaching Excellence Awards.
- Dr Geoff Scott - Emeritus Professor of Higher Education and Sustainability at Western Sydney University, Australia.
- TeUrikore Biddle - (Tūhoe, Kahungunu, Ngāti Awa) Kaihautū at Unitec Institute of Technology.
- Associate Professor Tracey Bretag - Director of the University of South Africa Business School Office for Academic Integrity.
Who should attend?
The conference is relevant to all parts of the tertiary sector including universities, ITPs, ITOs PTEs and Wānanga.
The conference programme will feature a plenary, workshop(s) and practice presentations in each of these themes:
- Innovations & trends in assessment
- The student voice
- Assessment for learning
- Assessment quality & integrity
- Assessing experiential learning
- Matauranga Māori