Hei Toko i Te Tukunga - Enabling Māori learner success
This Hei Toko report includes:
- An overview of the strategic background that relates to Māori tertiary learners.
- An outline of key enablers and opportunities for tertiary education organisations.
- An overview of research findings on Māori learners and the role of whānau, kaupapa Māori in teaching practice; expressing the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi (ToW) in your teaching practice, enhancing Māori success in your classroom and organisation.
It also provides readers with opportunities to:
- Explore some of the key findings and connect them to their own practice and context.
- Translate research findings into education practice.
- Understand and use templates provided to apply Kaupapa Māori as a foundation for education practice.
- Evaluate Kaupapa Māori-based education practice.
Authors: Ngāhiwi Apanui and Tama Kirikiri
Visit the project space for more information.
Format: A$, 71pp+cover
Publication date: 2015